“You” and “your” refer to you, as a user of our Services. A “user” is someone who accesses, posts, edits, browses, or in any way uses our Services.
“We,” “us,” and “our” refer to The Porch Pod.
“Content” means text, images, photos, audio, video and all other forms of data or communication.
“Your Content” means Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with our Services, such as posts, comments, invitations, messages, and information that you publicly display.
“User Content” means Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with our Services.
“The Porch Pod Content” means Content that we create and make available in connection with our Services.
“Third Party Content” means Content that originates from parties other than The Porch Pod or its users, which is made available in connection with our Services.
“Site Content” means all of the Content that is made available in connection with our Services, including Your Content, User Content, Third Party Content, and The Porch Pod Content.
We may modify these Terms from time to time. You understand and agree that your access to or use of our Services is governed by the Terms effective at the time of your access to or use of our Services. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by posting a revised version of the Terms on our Site. We will also indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. You should revisit these Terms on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. You understand and agree that your continued access to or use of our Services after the effective date of modifications to the Terms indicates your acceptance of the modifications.
- Using our Services
The use of our services is limited to prospective clients and clients who have purchased a product from The Porch Pod.
To access or use our Services, you must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms. You may not access or use our Services if we have previously banned you from our Site or closed your account.
- Permission to Use the Site
We grant you permission to use our Services subject to the restrictions in these Terms. Your use of our Services is at your own risk.
- Site Availability
Our Services may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
- User Accounts
You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself in order to use some of the features that are offered through our Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
- You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use our Services to:
Violate our Content or Event Guidelines as set forth in these Terms
Violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right
Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination
Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not
Violate any applicable law
- You also agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
Violate the Terms
Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit our Services or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by The Porch Pod
Reverse engineer any portion of our Services
Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of our Services or on any materials printed or copied from our Services
Record, process, or mine information about other companies and/or users
Reformat or frame any portion of our Services
Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Services, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to our Services through hacking, password mining or any other means
Use our Services or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”)
Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of our Services, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Services
Use our Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, our Services or Site Content
Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of our Services, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of our Services
- Privacy and Copyright/Trademark Disputes
- Copyright and Trademark Disputes
If you believe that your copyright or trademark is being infringed through our Services, please send us a written notice with the following information:
Identification of the copyrighted or trademarked work that you claim has been infringed;
Identification of the allegedly infringing content, and information reasonably sufficient to permit The Porch Pod to locate it on our Site (e.g., the URL for the web page on which the content appears);
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the content identified in your notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright/trademark owner, its agent, or the law;
A statement by you that you attest, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright/trademark owner or authorized to act on the owner’s behalf; and
Your physical or electronic signature, together with your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
If you believe that your content should not have been removed for alleged copyright or trademark infringement, you may send us a written counter-notice with the following information:
Identification of the copyrighted or trademarked work that was removed, and the location within our Services where it would have been found prior to its removal;
A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification. For trademark disputes only: information reasonably sufficient to explain why you believe you are not infringing the trademarked work;
A statement that you consent either to the jurisdiction of (a) the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located if you live in the United States, or (b) any judicial district in which The Porch Pod is located if you live outside the United States. Please also include a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who sent the original infringement notice to The Porch Pod, or an agent of such person;
Your physical or electronic signature, together with your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
We will respond to all such notices and comply with applicable law. We reserve the right to remove content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
You can send us your copyright or trademark notices to: hello@ThePorchPod.com
- Suggestions and Improvements
By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals (“Feedback”), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback, and you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against The Porch Pod and its users any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such Feedback.
- Third Parties
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on our Services. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold The Porch Pod, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively, the “The Porch Pod Entities“) harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party arising out of or relating to (i) your access to or use of our Services, (ii) your violation of the Terms, or (iii) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. The Porch Pod reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any such matter without the prior written consent of The Porch Pod. The Porch Pod will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF THE THE PORCH POD ENTITIES TO YOU. EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW ONLY APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY LIMITED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT THIS OR ANY OTHER SECTION OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONSULT WITH A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO ACCESSING OR USING OUR SERVICES. BY ACCESSING OR USING OUR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THIS SECTION. YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS.
- OUR SERVICES ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH THE EXPRESS UNDERSTANDING THAT THE PORCH POD ENTITIES MAY NOT MONITOR, CONTROL, OR VET USER CONTENT. AS SUCH, YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. THE PORCH POD ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF OUR SERVICES, ITS SAFETY OR SECURITY, OR THE SITE CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, THE PORCH POD ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE, FOR EXAMPLE, FROM OUR SERVICE’S INOPERABILITY, UNAVAILABILITY OR SECURITY VULNERABILITIES OR FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF OUR SERVICES, OR INFORMATION FOUND ON, OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SERVICES.
- THE PORCH POD ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY, SUCH AS THE BUSINESSES OR EVENTS HOSTED BY THIRD PARTIES LISTED ON OUR SERVICES OR OUR SERVICE’S USERS. ACCORDINGLY, THE PORCH POD ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM THEIR ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS. YOUR ATTENDENCE AT EVENTS AND/OR USE OF SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- THE PORCH POD ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AS TO THE EVENTS LISTED ON OUR SERVICES, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH OUR SERVICES OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF OUR SERVICES.
- THE PORCH POD ENTITIES’ MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICES OR THESE TERMS IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE PORCH POD ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (ii) $100.
- THE PORCH POD ENTITIES DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY (i) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (ii) LOSS OF PROFITS, (iii) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (iv) REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR (v) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA.
- Choice of Law and Venue
Alabama law will govern these Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and The Porch Pod (a “Claim”), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN JEFFERSON COUNTY, ALABAMA.
- You may terminate the Terms at any time by closing your account, discontinuing your use of our Services, and providing The Porch Pod with a written notice of termination to email@example.com.
- We may close your account, suspend your ability to use certain portions of our Services, and/or ban you altogether from our Services for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. Any such action could prevent you from accessing your account, our Services, Your Content, Site Content, or any other related information.
- In the event of any termination of these Terms, whether by you or us, Sections 1, and 4 through 14 will continue in full force and effect, including our right to use Your Content as detailed in Section 4.
- General Terms
- We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue our Services at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms by email, regular mail or communications through our Services.
- Except as otherwise stated in Section 10 above, nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
- The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of our Services, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
- Any failure on The Porch Pod’ part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties’ intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with The Porch Pod’ prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void.
- The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.